Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sightseeing in Oslo

Wow I've been here almost a month already! Cheers to a month of bread for lunch everyday. Sigh. And since my lessons are only 8.30 - 11.15 am Mon to Thur (muahaha), i've no excuse not to go around town for some exploration. I don't go out everyday after school, but often enough..haha. I'm going to run out of places to go pretty soon.

Let me introduce you to some of the pretty places in Oslo. It's a refreshing change from the Singapore landscape of boring flats and tall buildings. The architecture is beautiful, the weather is great, though its been getting progressively colder lately ( i would say it's about 16-18 degrees avg.).

Marie, here comes your request of pictures of buildings!
Kavi, there certainly are lots of cute guys here, esp in my school, but it'll be too obvious for me to take pictures of them! The girls here are not bad looking either! People here generally dress very well..while all i brought are t-shirts and jeans..oops.


This is the entrance to Karls Johans Gate, the most happening alley full of shops and cafes in Oslo


Inside Karls Johans Gate


Night view of Karls Johans Gate


Oslo Central
The tower with red flashy lights is the Trafikanten, a very convenient meeting place


This is the building where Hard Rock Cafe is, and standing there is my friend, pretty mun!

There are also lots of open spaces and parks where people just sit on the grass and relax, have a picnic, and make out! haha.

They love sculptures and fountains as well.. you find them almost everywhere! But it gives a cultural feel to the place, and certainly beautifies the city! I shall leave the sculpture park to another time coz they don't allow me to upload anymore pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home